Sunday, July 10, 2011

The original Starbucks


I'm not really a fan of Starbucks, I could take it or leave it, but we took the opportunity in Seattle to visit the first Starbucks to pop-up in the world.

Some street performers playing music... notice that the girl is playing a saw.

I purchased a bag of "special reserve pike place coffee" which is only available at the first starbucks. A couple days later I fired up a pot of water, cleaned off my french press, located my favorite mug, and got at it.
I was worried that it would be the best cup of coffee that I ever had, and since it was only available in Seattle, I would have limited access to the beans. I was relieved when I discovered it was just "okay"... nothing too special. I still prefer going to a local roaster and getting a pound of french roast. I would tell you my favorite roaster, but you've probably never heard of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment